Your kitchen sink and faucet are one of the most used spots in your home. When designing your kitchen, the sink is often a focal point that you can use to add an appealing yet functional design. Whether you want to redo the look of your kitchen or upgrade an outdated faucet, you can find your best kitchen faucet at WalterWorks Hardware. Consider factors like placement, features, and materials to choose your next faucet.
Kitchen Faucet Installation Options
There are two ways in which you can install your best kitchen faucet.
- A counter- or deck-mounted installation involves mounting the kitchen faucets on the counter or sink edge. Deck mounted is more common and helps draw attention to the sink as a design fixture. You can find a variety of faucets available in this installation.
- Wall-mounted faucet installations are often found in commercial or industrial locations. Or, these may be found in your chef’s kitchen or laundry room. These space-saving designs free up the counter and broaden your sink design options.
Knowing where your faucet will be placed and how much room you have for installation can help guide you toward the best faucet and handles for your sink.
Kitchen Faucet Features
You can choose from numerous modern faucet features when shopping for your best kitchen faucet. Consider the benefits of the following:
- Side sprayer: This smaller faucet is at the end of an extendable hose, providing direct water pressure where needed.
- Pull-out faucet: This faucet provides the convenience of a side sprayer without taking up extra space on the sink edge. The hose extends downward toward the sink or at an angle above it.
- Electronic faucets: Adding innovative technology to your kitchen is increasingly popular. Electronic faucets can be turned on and off with a hand wave with modern motion sensor technology.
- Walter filtering: Some faucets can include built-in filtration options that purify your tap water to make it free from chemicals like chlorine, lead, mercury, and more.
Don’t Forget About Kitchen Faucet Finishes and Styles
Finally, one of the key parts to consider when you choose your best kitchen faucet is the material finish or style. This will determine how your faucet looks and fits into your kitchen design. As you explore your options at WalterWorks, consider options like stainless steel, copper, modern matte black, and more. Find metals and colors that complement the accenting colors of your kitchen hardware and appliances. Consider the following finishes:
- Chrome is currently quite popular because of its versatile style. It is also durable and easy to match with other fixtures.
- A brushed nickel finish is very durable and resistant to wear and tear.
- Copper finishes provide a bold and rich design.
- If you want classic durability and style, you can’t go wrong with stainless steel.
With so many options on the market, you will surely find a kitchen faucet you adore.
Choose Your Home Hardware From WalterWorks
No matter what type of home hardware and decorative touches you choose, WalterWorks Hardware has the expertise and supplies you need. Residents throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C., and the northern Virginia area love us for our fantastic hardware and unbeatable knowledge. For more information, please call us at (410) 263-9711 or contact us online. For more tips on choosing hardware for your home, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Houzz, and Pinterest.